Skip to main content

Middle names of the child and the mother in the birth certificate are wrong

A petition in court should be filed to correct the middle name of the child and the last name of the mother in the birth certificate.The error is not already considered as clerical which can be corrected administratively through R.A. 9048.

Who Shall File

  • owner of the record
  • Any person interested in any act, event, order or decree concerning the civil status of persons which has been recorded in the civil register, may file a verified petition for the cancellation or correction (Section 1, Rule 108 Rules of Court)

Where to File

Regional Trial Court of the province where the corresponding civil registry is located.

Supporting Documents

Any document/s required by the lawyer to be presented during the petition which will show the correct middle name if the child.